Hola i feliç Sant Jordi! We hope you’re having a great day full of love, roses and books!
First up, a big congratulations to our friends at Barcelona-born startup ClubKviar for their recent exit to US-based Resy!
Don’t miss these great new opportunities with local startups like Payfit, Scoot, Chilliprinting, LoveToKnow, ShoeSize.Me and more!
CALL FOR STARTUPS
MWC Barcelona is looking for 12 promising startups in the building industry for the upcoming BBTalks event in Barcelona. Apply until the 30th April here.
Barcelona Ventures is looking for 8 companies in Catalonia to accelerate in Silicon Valley between May and June. Apply by April 25th here.
Ok, let’s take a look at the latest Barcelona startup news from this week:
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS:
Startup & Investment News
- US firm Resy acquires Barcelona startup ClubKviar
- Catalan startup Populetic closes €400K investment round
- Barcelona startup Dental Residency raises €300K
- Open Cosmos, a British space startup launched by an alumni of Polytechnic University of Catalonia raises €5,6M
- Barcelona-based startup Glovo prepares for fresh €80M investment round to boost their expansion plans
- Barcelona Tech City forms yet another partnership, this time with social crowdfunding platform Migranodearena
- Kenko Health Accelerator launches its programme with 5 digital health startups from Catalonia
- Nuclio Weekend is launching its 4th edition in Barcelona at the end of May & is looking for entrepreneurs to join
- Barcelona startup profiles, interviews & success stories:
- Spain was ranked amongst leading countries in terms of density of robot workers
- Smart roads could reduce accidents by 90%: Catalonia is set to run a pilot project on the AP-7 highway
- Spain continues its economic recovery, surpasses Italy in GDP per capita
- Where have Catalan companies moved their registered offices since the start of the political crisis?
- Tourism industry demands more governmental action to promote the city of Barcelona
- Catalan Cava producer Codorniu could be valued at around €225M as they consider opening up to external investors
- Might Barcelona lose its Formula 1 event after 2019?
- BBVA to invest $50M into Chinese venture capital fund focused on AI
- Infojobs now allows users to apply via Twitter using specific hashtags
- In anticipation of a possible Tribunal Supremo ruling that could favour Uber & co, the Government passes a new law to protect taxi industry
“We want to develop Madrid’s entrepreneurship ecosystem to the same level as Barcelona’s”, J. Esteban, CEO of THECUBE
Mon, 23 Apr @ 19:00: Scaling Your Data Architecture
Tue, 24 Apr: EU Startups Summit 2018
Tue, 24 Apr @ 9:30: Hackathon #GoDesign Barcelona
Wed, 25 Apr @ 18:30: Workshop on Elevator Pitch
Thu, 26 Apr @ 19:00: DrinkEntrepreneurs
Thu, 26 Apr @ 19:00: Mobile Perspectives
See the full Event Calendar here
- Chilliprinting is hiring a Digital & Social Media Manager
- Scoot Networks is recruiting a:
- LoveToKnow Media is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer
- PayFit Espana is hiring a:
- ShoeSize.Me is seeking a Content Marketing Manager
Barcelona Startup News April 23 2018 cover all the latest stories about Barcelona’s Tech & Startup scene from April 16th 2018 until April 23rd 2018. If you want to read more stories about the city’s startup, tech and innovation scene, check out all Barcelona startup news here.