Wayra has quickly developed into the most sought-after incubator in Spain. Each year their admission process becomes more competitive and as a result they are producing higher quality startups. Attesting to this is the most recent fundraising completed by Wayra Barcelona’s 2012 class of startups.
The class of 2013 is no different. After pouring over hundreds of applications from all over the country, a team of renowned judges chose the final list of startups for the class of 2013 during the 2nd edition of Wayra Week in Barcelona. The judging table included the likes of Xavier Verdeguer of InnoValley and Imagine Creative Center, Liz Fleming of the Venture Lab at IE Business School, Angel Garcia of Fractus and Lanta Digital Ventures, Sergio Perez of Caixa Capital Risc, Paco Quintana of Telefonica, and Felix Arias of BCN Highgrowth Partners.
There were more that 350 applications to the Barcelona program and the final 16 made it in front of the judges. Ultimately, only 9 will be entering the Wayra space in the Telefonica Tower in April.
Meet the incoming class of Wayra Barcelona 2013:
- Iceber.gs – visualizing organization for creative minds
- Boolino – rediscovering a love of books and reading for children
- Infantium – personalizing the education for every individual child
- Treeveo – helping businesses merge
- Knox Media Hub – a cloud service for content distribution and discovery
- Audiosnaps – sharing pictures with sound
- Mytwinplace – home swapping made personal
- Mintlabs – a mobile platform for medical image analysis
- TAB MOB – accurate, functional, and fast sensor systems
For bios on all the Wayra Spain startups, click here. ¡Felicidades y mucha suerte a los nuevos ganadores!