After much anticipation, Startupbootcamp, the pan-European accelerator, announced the launch of their newest program scheduled to begin accepting startups this January in Barcelona. The newest addition to the SBC family will have a core focus in accelerating Big Data and Internet of Things projects and is led by the tenured Barcelona-based entrepreneur and investor Angel Garcia.
The Startupbootcamp Internet of Things & Data program promises access to Barcelona-based innovation consulting firm Claro Partners, and mentors from companies like Intel, Yahoo, Cisco, Telefonica, Facebook and Oracle. For the first class of startups, they are seeking 10 projects that leverage data and connected devices to create smarter, customized services for businesses and consumers alike.
Startupbootcamp is entering a popular city for accelerators with Wayra, SeedRocket and Conector programs well underway. Recently, corporations such as BBVA, Telefonica, Cisco and Oracle have also taken interest in setting up similar-minded operations in the Catalan capital.
Here’s what Startupbootcamp IoT & Data is offering startups:
- Extensive mentorship from +100 global entrepreneurs, investors, experts and partners
- Access to top markets in Europe, US and Asia
- 3+3 months free office space in the upcoming IoT & startup hub Barcelona
- €15K in cash per team
- €450K+ worth in partner services
- Exposure to 200+ Angels & VCs
- Invitation to SBC Global Alumni Network and Alumni Growth Program
- Pre-Demo Day at 4YFN event featured by the Mobile World Congress 2015
In return, they ask for 8% equity.
The SBC Data & IoT program is led by Angel Garcia, Aldo de Jong and Marcos Cuevas and will operate at the Media-TIC building in 22@ tech neighborhood of Barcelona. The selected startups are also supported beyond their initial acceleration through a global network of 1,000+ mentors, 2,000+ investors, 166+ startups in 37 countries.
Congratulations on the announcement guys! Now comes the fun (hard) part!