Hello and Happy Monday!
We hope you had a great weekend and are ready for the week ahead!
Today marks the kickoff of the 3rd annual Barcelona Startup Week chock-full of great speakers and expert panels.
Only 14 spots left for this Wednesday’s Online Geniuses Barcelona event. This month’s theme: Feeding The Machine: How To Use Data To Drive Audience Growth, with yours truly and Bourbon Creative.
The 14th DataBeersBCN takes place on October 2nd. They are limiting tickets for this event and closing the doors early so get moving!
Do you have some news to promote? Get in touch here.
Ok, let’s take a look at the latest Barcelona startup news from this week:
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS:
Startup & Investment News
- Internet speed optimization startup Bequant lands €1.8M Spanish startup
- Blinkfire secures a $1,6M investment round
- Spanish invoicing software startup Billin raises €1,5M
- Spain’s Grupo Next gets €1M to expand smartcars technology
- Knowdle Media Group raises €550k for its entertainment app
- Boat-renting price comparison side Boatjump lands €500k
- Barcelona startup TribeScale gets €150k through Crowdcube
- Spanish technology startup Kunak receives €150k
- StepStone acquires Barcelona startup & job portal Turijobs
- Barcelona startup Boolino launches a new education platform
- Wallapop’s valuation grew by 60% in last 6 months
- Wallapop & Correos team up to deliver goods
- Netmentora Catalunya & Ulule join forces to facilitate the access to financial capital for entrepreneurs
- Barcelona’s drone service accelerator, Reimagine Drone, invests €2M in 20 startups
- Barcelona startup Glovo launches in Palma in Mallorca
- Travel tech firm Lodgify makes Wired’s Top 100 Startups List
- Barcelona startup profiles, interviews & success stories:
- Catalonia’s Tech Center Eurecat moves to 22@ in Barcelona
- Barcelona company Emeru and Ambuibérica merge to create the second-largest ambulance group in Europe
- 10 Catalan startups will be showcased at TC Disrupt SF 2017
- FC Barcelona & GSMA team up to boost mobile technology innovation
- GSMA & Mobile World Capital Barcelona announce return of YOMO event for MWC2018
- SEAT introduces Amazon’s Alexa to their latest car models
- El Corte Ingles invests €350M in its omnichannel strategy
- Amazon launches Amazon Music Unlimited, a new music streaming service in Spain
- Do Google & Facebook have too much power over our data? Barcelona runs first pilot project for alternative data control
GREAT EVENTS THIS WEEK
Mon, 18 Sep @ 20:00: BCN StartupWeek Welcome Party
Tue, 19 Sep @ 19:00: Business Model For Hardware
Wed, 20 Sep @ 8:30: Esmorzar de Finançament, by ACCIO
Wed, 20 Sep @ 19:00: Feed the Machine with OGs
Thu, 21 Sep @ 18:00: Ash Maurya (FREE 1 hour talk!)
Thu, 21 Sep @ 18:30: How errors in predictions can lead to opportunities
Fri, 22 Sep @ 9:30: DemoDay Atípics 2017
See the full Event Calendar here
STARTUP JOBS IN BARCELONA
Barcelona Startup News September 18, 2017 cover all the latest stories about Barcelona’s Tech & Startup scene from September 13th until September 18th, 2017.