Hello and Happy Monday!
We’ve got some great events coming up as we head into the home stretch of 2017!
Tech Tribe is an amazing new event series launching on Thursday, December 14th in Barcelona. Brought to you by the same people behind Startup My Rooftop, People On The Grid, Barcinno and OneCoWork – Tech Tribe aspires to share knowledge through interactive events that combine multi-disciplinary talent and thought leaders who inspire, educate & bring people together. Don’t miss the first ever edition!
Barcinno readers can use the promo code: barcinnotribe
Tomorrow (Tuesday), IESE’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Center will host the first ever IESE 40under40, including top entrepreneurs, investors and innovators like Roche, Banco Sabadell, Google, Privalia, Kibo Ventures, Holaluz, and Letgo. Register free here.
Then on December 5th, Jeff Gothelf returns to Barcelona to run a master class on Lean, Agile and Design Thinking. Get 20% off on tickets today only here.
Ok, let’s take a look at the latest Barcelona startup news from this week:
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS:
Startup & Investment News
- Founders of Barcelona startup Verse have left the company
- Barcelona fintech startup Novicap gets €1M to expand to USA
- Barcelona startup Agora Images receives €625k
- Spanish startup Pentabiol raises €550k
- Catalan gym chain Clubs DiR closes €477k investment round
- Catalan startup Traktech secures a €400k investment
- Spanish biotech startup Biohope gets €300k investment
- Glovo increases revenues from €106k in 2015 to €1,24M in 2016, but losses rise as well
- Barcelona delivery startup Hurrynow opens Madrid office
- Kantox expands to Latin America, Asia & Middle East market
- GENESIS Ventures is a new biomedicine investment fund based in Barcelona
- Conector Barcelona launches 8th edition of its accelerator program with 8 startups
- Female business network SWAN makes investment in 2 Barcelona startups: myABCKit & TeamEQ
- Barcelona startups Bioo, Bound4Blue, Broomx & HealthApp ranked amongst top 50 millennial tech entrepreneurs in EU
- La Salle Technova Barcelona crowned best business angel network of 2017 by AEBAN
- Investment in Spanish startups reaches €845M for 2017 & breaks last year’s record; 57% of investment goes to Barcelona
- Barcelona startup profiles, interviews & success stories
- Barcelona misses out on hosting the European Medicine Agency
- Economic impact of Catalonia’s political crisis
- Catalan telecommunications firm Cellenx opens new offices in Paris as they increase investment in French market
- Barcelona becomes permanent host of the annual Data Transparency Lab conference
- Spain drops 5 places in worldwide innovation ranking, but improves in regard to attracting talent & investment
- Alibaba hires Amazon director for its Spanish business
- Orange is planning to launch its own bank in Spain
GREAT EVENTS THIS WEEK
Mon, 27 Nov @ 19:00: Is Coding a Must for Engineers?
Tue, 28 Nov @ 19:00: IESE 40under40
Wed, 29 Nov @ 20:00: Creative Coding Tertulia
Thu, 30 Nov @ 8:00: IV Ship2B Impact Forum: Change is happening
Thu, 30 Nov @ 18:00: BStartup talks
Thu, 30 Nov @ 18:30: Valores y tecnología
Fri, 1 Dec @ 21:00: Itnig Opening Party
Sat, 2 Dec @ 9:00: MLH Local Hack Day at BCS
See the full Event Calendar here
STARTUP JOBS IN BARCELONA
- Translation.com is looking for a:
- Totally Communications is hiring a WordPress Developer
Barcelona Startup News November 27, 2017 cover all the latest stories about Barcelona’s Tech & Startup scene from November 20th until November 27th, 2017.