Hello and happy MWC week! Barcinno will be at MWC18 and 4YFN all week so make sure to follow our Instagram and Twitter for live behind-the- scenes insights.
First, check out Barcinno’s MWC Party Guide for all the hottest off-MWC events taking place in BCN this week.
MONDAY: Tonight, don’t miss IoT Stars at Fabrica Damm. Barcinno has a hookup for 10 free tickets with the code VIPSTARS18. Too slow? Get 50% off with the code 50DISCOUNT-IOTSTARS18.
TUESDAY: Investors passes are sold out, but time of writing there are still 22 VIP gala tickets for the hottest MWC party: #TECHICONS on Tuesday night! Grab yours now with the promo code: BarcinnoNewsletter.
WEDNESDAY: Techtribe BCN hosts a different kind of MWC event featuring live music and guided discussions by the minds behind Typeform, eCooltra and Imascono. Use the promo code: BARCINNOTRIBE.
Then, when the MWC hoopla dies down, check out the 2018 EU Startups Summit. Come learn from the best or pitch your startup with the discount code: BARCINNO.
Ok, that’s enough from me. Have a great week and we’ll see you out there!
Ok, let’s take a look at the latest Barcelona startup news from this week:
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS:
BARCELONA STARTUP NEWS
Startup & Investment News
- Spanish firm Tiendanimal gets €60M to boost their growth
- Barcelona startup Fever closes a €9.5M investment round
- Catalan cybersecurity startup Blueliv secures €4M investment
- Barcelona software startup Holded raises €1.3M
- Barcelona-based proptech startup Housfy receives €1M
- Spanish firm Biometric Vox closes a €1M investment round
- Catalan proptech startup ProntoPiso lands €400K investment
- Barcelona-based game developer Socialpoint is under pressure to come up with a new big hit
- Typeform announces version 2 of its platform which features some big changes
- Glovo partners with Zara, Intimissimi, The Body Shop & other retailers to take care of ‘last mile’ deliveries
- Overview of Catalan startups at 4YFN
- Barcelona ranked within top 5 startup hubs in Europe
- Barcelona startup profiles, interviews & success stories:
- Redpoints: SaaS for eliminating online counterfeiting
- MWC returns to Barcelona this week: since 2006, it has added over €4,4BN to the local economy
- Barcelona aims to become a global hub for start-ups
- The 5G revolution kicks off in Barcelona
- Barcelona allocates more than €2M to train young people, professionals and pensioners in technology
- Spanish government eyes up tax benefits for crypto companies
- Telefonica launches ‘Aura’ voice assistant in six countries
- Why a US entrepreneur chose to launch a tech startup in Barcelona
- 6 things to expect from Mobile World Congress in Barcelona (by The Verge)
- Five things to watch at Mobile World Congress (By FT)
- Mobile World Congress: Why do smartphones look so alike?
GREAT EVENTS THIS WEEK
Mon-Thu, 26 Feb – 1 March: Mobile World Congress
Mon-Wed, 26 – 28 Feb: 4YFN
Mon, 26 Feb @ 19:00: IoT Stars
Tue, 27 Feb @ 8:30: TECHICONS: Investor roadshow
Tue, 27 Feb @ 20:00: TECHICONS: Cocktail dinner & demos
Wed, 28 Feb @ 19:00: Networking Event By TechTribe
See the full Event Calendar here
STARTUP JOBS IN BARCELONA
- Flylancer is looking for two co-founders to join their team as CEO/CFO or CMO
- ElectricFeel is hiring a:
Barcelona Startup News February 26 2018 cover all the latest stories about Barcelona’s Tech & Startup scene from February 19th 2018 until February 26th, 2018. If you want to read more stories about the city’s startup, tech and innovation scene, check out all Barcelona startup news here.
Leave a Reply