Hello and happy Monday! We hope you had a great weekend!
We’d like to begin by offering a big congratulations to EADA Business School for celebrating their 60th anniversary last week!
We have some great events happening this week so let’s begin:
The Smart City Expo World Congress is back in town this week featuring the world’s leading experts in the Smart City and Industrial IoT sectors. Keep a special eye on Barcelona smart city pioneer Worldsensing, as well as SEAT as they prepare to launch their Metropolis:Lab tomorrow at Pier01!
This week also marks the kickoff of the 3rd annual Ouishare Fest BCN connecting global leaders in the sharing economy.
Then, this Thursday night, our friends at Broomx will show you what the future of immersive virtual reality looks like at the Mazda Space. Hint: there is no s̶p̶o̶o̶n̶ headset.
Ok, that’s it for us. Have a great week and we’ll see you out there!
Ok, let’s take a look at the latest Barcelona startup news from this week:
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS:
Startup & Investment News
- Barcelona startup Snappy closes €1,3M investment round
- Barcelona startup Photoslurp gets €750K for EU expansion
- Spain-based API payroll startup Rollbox raises €700k
- Spanish firm EverSense secures a €660k investment
- Spain-based travel startup Fabulist Travel receives €200k
- Spanish startup Siguetuliga raises €135k for its social network for amateur football
- Barcelona-based global mapping tech provider AVUXI gets investment from Amadeus Ventures
- Moto sharing firm Yugo adds 150 scooters to Barcelona fleet
- Glovo teams up with Cabify to enter Latin American market
- Carnovo signed a partnership with French startup Drivy
- Room rental marketplace Badi wins RTVE Emprende award
- 3 Barcelona startups, Langroo, Sharing Academy and Brain Art, were selected for SEK Lab Awards finals
- Bankia Fintech by Innsomnia launches its newest program, Barcelona startup Quotanda is among 13 firms selected
- Barcelona network visibility startup Talaia is working with HPE & Telefónica on SHIELD cybersecurity project
- Barcelona startup profiles, interviews & success stories:
- Barcelona ranks 12th worldwide in Digital Cites Barometer
- Barcelona is going for final push to host the European Medicine Agency after Brexit
- Carlos Grau named new director of Mobile World Capital
- Mobile World Congress may not return to Barcelona in 2019
- Dynatrace takes over Swiss firm Qumram & plans to double their engineering team in Barcelona
- German firms MyTaxi to open new development center in Barcelona
- US software firm New Relic continues growth in Barcelona by recruiting tech team of local software company Hitch
- Catalonia tourism predicts $520M drop in visitor revenue
- Seat & Telefónica team up to develop digital solutions for cars
- Mercadona is stepping up their digital transformation strategy and hire talents from Amazon, Ebay & Ticketea
GREAT EVENTS THIS WEEK
Mon, 13 Nov @ 18:00: Start your Digital City Experience
Mon-Tue, 13-14 Nov: Responsive Cities Symposium 2017
Tue-Thu, 14-16 Nov: Smart City Expo World Congress
Wed, 15 Nov @ 8:30: How to choose the best investor
Wed, 15 Nov @ 19:00: Grid Workshops with Nash Billimoria
Wed-Fri, 15-17 Nov: Ouishare Fest Barcelona
Thu, 16 Nov @ 19:00: VR, ¿nos quitamos las gafas?
Sat, 18 Nov @ 10:30: BizCamp Brunch # 1
Sun, 19 Nov @ 19:00: Business Model For Hardware
See the full Event Calendar here
STARTUP JOBS IN BARCELONA
- Translation.com is looking for a:
- Totally Communications is hiring a WordPress Developer
Barcelona Startup News November 13, 2017 cover all the latest stories about Barcelona’s Tech & Startup scene from November 6th until November 13th, 2017.