Hello and happy Tuesday, we hope you had a great weekend!
First off, the GDPR is coming into effect this week. In light of that, we’d like to let you know a little more information about how Barcinno handles your personal data.
- The only information we store about you is your email address and, for statistical purposes, the emails you’ve opened, which links you’ve clicked and via which browser.
- All your data is stored and hosted by our reliable newsletter tool, Revue.
- We don’t share your data with anybody else, and will never use it for anything other than sending you our newsletter email once a week.
- You can unsubscribe from Barcinno’s newsletter at any moment by simply clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of our emails.
On Thursday, ESADE is hosting a speaker series on Data & Fintech featuring several industry professionals and business leaders. Head here to find out more and sign up.
This week also brings one of the leading digital health events to Catalonia: the HIMSS Europe & Health 2.0 Conference takes place on 27-29 May in Sitges. Find more information and book your ticket here.
Ok, let’s take a look at the latest Barcelona startup news from this week:
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS:
Startup & Investment News
- Barcelona-based biotech firm Bionure lands €4M
- Barcelona startup Wellindal closes a €2,3M investment round
- Spain-based recommendation platform Peoople raises €500K
- Spanish startup Ever Health receives a €450K investment
- Spanish company Navlandis raises €348K on Startupexplore
- Spain-based startup Vita Vodka lands €300K on Crowdcube
- Barcelona work spaces startup Daysk closes a funding round of €200K
- Barcelona fintech startup Coverfy acquires SegurosBroker
- Barcelona startup Wisar and US firm Flexjobs join forces to disrupt the labour market
- Local startup QaShops is acquired by French firm Vente Privee
- Barcelona startup Dinbeat launches wearable device to monitor the health of your pets
- Catalan startup Softonic posts €3.1M profit in 2017
- Barcelona-based startup Tiendeo opens office in Brazil
- Holaluz and Nexus have landed an electricity supply contract with the City of Madrid
- Creas launches Creas Impacto, the first social impact investment fund in Spain
- Spanish VC Altamar launches new fund, aims to raise €600M
- Spanish VC Belerofonte Capital plans a new €25M fund
- Spain-based venture capital firm Socios Q plans new fund
- Barcelona startup profiles, interviews & success stories:
- The Spanish Government invests €500M into public venture capital “fund of funds” Fond ICO Global
- Barcelona is attracting an increasing amount of foreign firms as they set up their corporate innovation centres in the city
- Lidl plans to open a European centre in Barcelona to manage and provide e-commerce services
- Argentinian tech firm Satellogic is set to create 100 new jobs in Barcelona as it sets up an office in 22@
- Australian tech company Moodle will open an office in Barcelona, creating 40 new jobs in the region
- Does the arrival of Facebook in Barcelona actually bring high-quality jobs or low-cost labour?
- Barcelona-based universities IESE, ESADE & EADA ranked among the best in the world for executive education
- Barcelona Airport receives an honourable mention at European Awards for Urban Planning
- SEAT releases video of 2,000 robots “dancing” together
- Amazon Spain’s managing director steps down as employees continue the fight for better work conditions
- Spanish eSports companies generate €14.5M in sales and create 300 job positions
Tue, 22 May @ 19:00: Drinks with Target Global @ Soho House
Wed, 23 May @ 9:00: Cafè Aventura – Fòrum d’Emprenedoria
Wed, 23 May @ 18:00: From Zero to AI in 90 Minutes
Thu, 24 May @ 19:00: ESADE Speaker Series. 5: Data & Fintech
Thu, 24 May @ 20:00: Do you need to get accelerated twice?
Thu-Fri, 24-25 May: Innovation Excellence 2018
Sat, 26 May @ 10:00: Reloaded: Microsoft Azure IoT Hack Lab
Sun-Tue, 27-29 May: HIMSS Europe & Health 2.0 Conference
See the full Event Calendar here
- Tropic is hiring a Social & Brand Manager
- Ideal Credit is recruiting a Jr. PhP developer
- Dorna Digital – MotoGP is hiring a Platform Product Owner
- Scoot Networks is recruiting a:
- LoveToKnow Media is hiring a Senior Backend Engineer
Barcelona Startup News May 22 2018 cover all the latest stories about Barcelona’s Tech & Startup scene from May 14th 2018 until May 22nd 2018. If you want to read more stories about the city’s startup, tech and innovation scene, check out all Barcelona startup news here.