Hello and happy Monday! We hope you had a great weekend!
A few key deadlines are approaching:
BTravel Pro Startup Village is looking for 15 startups in the air transport, tourism and leisure industries to join their program. Apply here before March 30th.
Sónar+D also extended their call for startups until March 30 – apply to pitch here.
Early stage projects in search of free support and guidance can apply for the 2nd edition of Barcelona Activa’s Programa de Preacceleració. Deadline to apply is April 4th.
Applications for the 2nd edition of the Barcelona Startup City Seminar are now open. Registered attendees will get an overview of the Barcelona startup ecosystem through guided tours, presentations and round tables. Sign up here.
Ok, let’s take a look at the latest Barcelona startup news from this week:
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS:
BARCELONA STARTUP NEWS
Startup & Investment News
- Spanish cybersecurity firm CounterCraft raises €2M
- Barcelona startup Socialpay secures a €1M investment
- Catalan startup Screenly raises €113K through La Bolsa Social
- Spanish startup Livetopic closes a €100K investment round
- Barcelona proptech startup Housfy sold about 200 propertiesin 2017 & has introduced new mortgage service recently
- Barcelona startup profiles, interviews & success stories:
- Ges-Emer: app for managing emergencies in companies
- Glovo: delivering anything you want
- Marmota: e-commerce for the relaxation industry
- Parlam: connecting companies with translators
- ProntoPiso: proptech to disrup the real estate sector
- Wide Eyes Technologies: Spain’s best fashion startup?
- Wisar: representing highly qualified flexible talent
- Catalonia’s GDP grew by 3.3% last year, the region’s economic output now makes up almost a fifth of Spain’s total GDP
- Barcelona reflects on smart city lessons
- Has ride-sharing firm Uber met its match in Barcelona?
- Catalan Competition Authority says the new VTC regulation introduced by the Barcelona City Council is anti-competitive
- Spanish Agency for Data Protection says Facebook used personal data of 21 million accounts in Spain without consent
- OneCoWork invests €4M in a new coworking space in Barcelona
- Barcelona Tech City & Accenture form a partnership
- Catalan financial institution Bankia & Paypal join forces
- Spain’s Rating Lifted by S&P With Prospect of Further Upgrade
- Vodafone, Mars Spain, Cisco and Stryker are amongst the best firms to work for in Spain according to the latest report
- There is finally a direct flight connection between Barcelona & Bejing
GREAT EVENTS THIS WEEK
Mon, 26 Mar @ 19:00: Mobility studies derived from mobile data; Barcelona as a big data scenario
Tue, 27 Mar @ 18:00: European Data Protection applied to inbound marketing
Wed, 28 Mar @ 19:00: Intro to ReasonML & Web components from Javier Chávarri & Jeremias Menichelli
Thu, 29 Mar @ 18:00: RSK Labs
See the full Event Calendar here
STARTUP JOBS IN BARCELONA
- PayFit Espana is hiring a:
- ShoeSize.Me is seeking a Content Marketing Manager
- Flylancer is looking for two co-founders (CEO/CFO & CMO)
- ElectricFeel is hiring a:
Barcelona Startup News March 26 2018 cover all the latest stories about Barcelona’s Tech & Startup scene from March 19th 2018 until March 26th, 2018. If you want to read more stories about the city’s startup, tech and innovation scene, check out all Barcelona startup news here.
Leave a Reply