Hello and Happy Monday!
We hope you had a great weekend! A few small housekeeping items as we head into the holidays.
The 5th edition of 4 Years From Now is right around the corner. Secure the best possible price on your ticket before Dec 31, which includes 1-day access to the Mobile World Congress using the PROMO CODE: BARCINNO_4YFN
As always, Barcinno will be working closely with both 4YFN and MWC to organize and communicate the very best Barcelona has to offer during the mega mobile event week, so stay tuned!
Also, please take 5 minutes over the holiday break to share your feedback on the state of Barcelona’s Digital Startup Ecosystem.
This is our last newsletter of 2017. Have a safe and happy holiday break and we’ll see you in 2018!
Ok, let’s take a look at the latest Barcelona startup news from this week:
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS:
Startup & Investment News
- Spanish firm Cabify completes capital increase of over €5M
- Barcelona proptech startup ProntoPiso raises €3M
- Catalan startup ByHours secures a €3M investment
- Spanish cloud computing startup Gigas gets €2,5M
- Barcelona flower delivery startup Colvin lands €2M
- Spain’s social startup Visualfy closes €2M investment round
- Barcelona insurtech startup Brokoli raises €550k
- Catalan startup Orain receives €300k investment
- Portuguese firm Sonae already owns 40% of Barcelona startup Ulabox
- Glovo launches their own online supermarket in Barcelona
- SeedRocket 4Founders move their registered office from Barcelona to Valencia
- Porsche Ibérica & Conector launch new accelerator together
- Female entrepreneurship grows by over 10% worldwide
- In 2017, 57% of investment into Spanish startups was directed to Barcelona-based firms
- Barcelona startup profiles, interviews & success stories
- Groundbreaking EU Chip Project is being led by Barcelona
- Barcelona Tech City & Epson join forces to promote technological innovation in enterprises
- SEAT is happy to be situated in Barcelona and doesn’t see any reason to leave
- IGG, the second largest Chinese mobile games company opens EU headquarters in Barcelona
- Great overview of the Barcelona Startup Ecosystem
- What is a startup ecosystem? Pere Condom-Vilà explains
- Understanding the nature of Venture Capital returns
- Analysing La Nevera Roja’s first investor deck
GREAT EVENTS THIS WEEK
- Tue, 19 Dec @ 15:00: Deep Learning for AI Open Lecture
- Tue, 19 Dec @ 19:00: Artificial Intelligence In The Browser
- Wed, 20 Dec @ 19:00: Women in Games: Christmas Special
- Thu, 21 Dec @ 20:30: Startup X-mas Night
See the full Event Calendar here
Barcelona Startup News December 18, 2017 cover all the latest stories about Barcelona’s Tech & Startup scene from December 11th until December 18th, 2017.