Position: Sys Ops & Systems Reliability Engineer
Job type: Full-Time
CAPSiDE, Systems Engineering company with high expertise, is seeking a SysOps / Systems Reliability Engineer.
CAPSiDE is a high-tech and high-growing company, with a solid, highly qualified and stable team. We are one of the few AWS Advanced Consulting Partners in Europe, the only AWS Training Partner in Iberia, and one of the few Google Cloud Platform partners and Windows Azure / Microsoft Cloud Accelerate partners in Europe. Come to visit us to learn more about CAPSiDE and to meet our team. We are a really challenging and uniquely skilled company in the cloud, big data and systems architecture & reliability ecosystem in Europe.
As a CAPSiDE engineer you will join our best-of-breed operations team where you will:
- Help to automate systems for massive and scalable operations and to design and code the tools needed to do that. We manage more than 10k services with a team of 20 engineers. Sure you can help us to scale even more through automation!
- Learn in deep by solving real problems and operating DNS, FTP, mail servers, cloud environments, web servers, database servers… in Linux and Windows environments, both physical and cloud based.
- Learn to design & operate systems architectures for business-critical systems platforms.
- Work with bleeding-edge cloud technologies in AWS, Google and Azure platforms.
- Learn to listen and understand the inquiries and problems of the clients.
At CAPSiDE you will team up with senior engineers and you will have the opportunity to:
- Have fun working in a highly technical environment, with some of the best systems engineers you can find, and learning every day.
- Learn through ongoing training by the company in multiple technologies: network, databases, operating systems, clustering systems… (we spend more than 5% of our revenues in staff training every year)
- Manage critical systems for our customers, many of them from leading companies of their industry.
- Build complex systems for mission-critical projects, from architechture design to migration planning and continuous operation and improvement.
- Analyze and improve systems’ performance & scalability, and help to automate the systems management.
- Interact with customers, understanding their needs, and find and design the best technological solution.
- Respond to incidents, diagnose their root cause and fix the underlying problems, designing improvements to avoid the problems to be repeated.
- Good written and spoken English
- Knowing how to properly express yourself in writing
- Ability to work as a team
- Be willing to learn a lot and quickly
- Knowledge in programming. Perl, Shell Script and/or PowerShell, Python are a plus. Are you skilled in functional programming? Even better!
- Some experience or good knowledge in sysadmin of Linux and/or Windows. Knowledge of the internals of these operating systems is a plus.
- Knowledge about AWS components, services & architectures is a plus. You also know about Google App Engine, GCP and Azure? Damn good!
- Some knowledge or experience with systems automation tools and systems & services monitoring tools.
- Basic knowledge of Information Security & IT Service Management is also a plus
- What? You are also strong at IP networks?! Gosh, send us your application right now!
- Enjoy the intellectual challenge, the technical difficulties… and Futurama
Even if you feel you don’t have experience in any of these areas, but if you’ve been working or experimenting with some of the following technologies on your own and you liked it, you may have the profile for the position:
- TCP/IP Networks
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, ELB, Autoscaling, IAM, SES, SQS, SNS…
- Google Application Engine, Google Cloud Platform
- Windows Azure Services
- High availability and clustering
- Web servers: Apache, Lighttpd, NGINX, IIS
- Programming Languages: Perl, PHP, Java, Python, Shell Script, PowerShell, C#
- Databases: MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server, MariaDB, Oracle…
- No-SQL: MongoDB, Redis.
- Mail Servers: qmail, postfix, exim, sendmail
- MS Exchange
- DNS Servers: bind, tinydns
You will learn more about these technologies than what you know now… and others that you may have never heard of: DRBD, Galera, MS Integration Services, HA-Proxy, Perlbal, Gearman, Catalyst, Mojolicious, Pacemaker… and many more!
Working Hours: Full-time
Workplace: Plaça de Catalunya 1, Barcelona (El Triangle) – That’s in the exact city center of Barcelona, so you can enjoy the city after work.
We are PERMANENTLY HIRING for this kind of Systems Engineering position.
To stand as a candidate, please send an email with your CV (even better if you have it in English!) to: