In an effort to promote the Spanish startup ecosystem, a somewhat anonymous video produced by New York City’s IBL Studios has quietly been released on YouTube. Complete with a booming narrative and overly dramatic soundtrack, the 6 minute video reviews some of Spain’s recent entrepreneurial success stories.
The mature investment VC community in Spain featured in the video includes Ignacio Fonts of Inveready, Enrique Dubois of Mola, Alberto Gómez of Adara Ventures, Mark Kavelaars of IVC, and Gonzalo Martín Villa of Wayra Spain.
From the entrepreneur side, the short film features the following recent success cases:
- Inaki Berenguer of Pixable, Sold to SingTel for $26.5 million
- Santiago Arano of Softonic, Swiss Partners Group purchased 30% of equity for €82 million
- Pepe Agell of Chartboost, partnered with Sequoia Capital to raise $19 million
- Jordi torrent LetsBonus, purchased by Living Social
- Eneko Knorr of Ludei, raising $5 million with Silicon Valley VCs
- Pilar Manchón of Indisys, closed a round of funding with Intel and Inveready
- Julio Casal of Alien Vault, raised multiple multi-million dollar rounds with Trident Capital
Additional projects mentioned include Luis Sanz and Pau Sabria of Olapic, Justo Hidalgo of 24Symbols, Koldo García of The MadVideo Inc, Beatriz Oficialdegui of Destinia.com, Javier de la Torre of CartoDB, and Xavier Renom of Justinmind.
If you’re looking for raw talent, refined skills, and outstanding resilience look no further than Spain. If you’re looking for who commissioned this video, look here.