The top four start-ups who have been through the training and support program linktoStart in 2013 were chosen last week by a jury of experts and personalities from the world of entrepreneurship. This is the 5th edition of the INLEA Foundation training series, created to train and support future technology-based entrepreneurs throughout Spain during the creation of their start-ups.
LinktoStart is a complete annual training and support program for entrepreneurs who want to turn their business ideas, based on Internet or software, into start-ups. It is a program for entrepreneurs of all over Spain with the objective that the companies being created can have greater survival options, create employment and launch a product or truly innovative service that provides value to society. linktoStart was founded by INLEA Foundation in 2008 with the aim of promoting entrepreneurship in an era of economic crisis, and with the desire to help to change business production and business models in Spain.
The four winners chosen by linktoStart 2013 are (in alphabetical order):
- Cookbooth (Barcelona) : Cookbooth is a web and mobile platform that offers professional chefs and foodies worldwide a place where they can create, store, share and learn recipes.
- Handbox (Madrid): A community of craft-lovers, Handbox is the first point-of-contact for “Do It Yourself”-ers with e-reader Spanish tutorials, selling kits via subscription and thereby promoting interaction between bloggers and brands. The first DIY platform to add value to each community.
- MHOP (Euskadi) : MHOP features the future of furniture design prototypes. Customers buy products directly, causing price drops in volume manufacturing orders.
- Nidmi (Almeria) : Nidmi is a platform that helps families find the perfect assistant for their home and family with ease.
The other finalists included AcademicID, Clotié, Comunicae, Funwame, Listener, and Payangoo.
These four Spanish technology companies have been selected from the 156 projects that were submitted. They were chosen in the final selection by exceeding all of the milestones and stages of Inlea’s training programs, showed great progress throughout the process, proved their market viability, and demonstrated high potential for growth and scalability.
For the first time, the evaluation and nomination process have used the YouNoodle platform. In addition, the winners will go directly into the program boosts later-stage startup acceleration: linktoGrowUP .
- Final Jury: Ignasi Costas and Oscar Alegre (COSTAS Rousaud DURAN SL), Donald De Witte (Cisco Systems), Josep Duran (Caixa Capital Risc), Lenka Kolarova (Cabiedes & Partners), Sonia Mulero (INLEA Foundation), Marc Murta (Future Companies), Albert Riba (Inpreneur), Antoni Sala (BCN Business Angels), Salva Silvestre (VenturCap), Xavier Simó (INLEA Corp.) and Roque Velasco (Group Inspirit).
- Online Selection Committee : Cristina Beascoechea (Asima Foundation, Delegate linktoStart), Jose M. Carol (Eix Technova), Oscar del Rio (Concept Inbox, linktoStart Winner 2010), Ricard Garriga (YouNoodle), Felix Lopez (AJE Madrid), Cesar Mariel (Iristrace, linktoStart Winner 2011), Ruth Pelaez (Cazafacturas, Delegate linktoStart) Ivan Ruiz (SEOCOM, Delegate linktoStart), Nina Seghatoleslami (Faraday Ventures), Daniel Vecino (The Hero Plan), Isaac Vidal (The Sports Let, Delegate linktoStart), Jose Villalobos (Kubide) and Martha Emerson (Scaale).
This year, linktoStart celebrates its 5th edition to support future entrepreneurs in Spain. The program promotes INLEA Foundation, corporate social responsibility INLEA Corporation, an entity that pays 90% on the activities of non-profit entity. Its CEO, Xavier Simó , founded the organization with the aim of providing support and training to the creation of new technology-based companies. In total, more than 1,300 entrepreneurs have benefited from the programs of the Foundation over the past five years.
Tip o’ the cap: Eureka Startups