Hello and happy Monday, we hope you had a great weekend!
A few items of note before we begin:
Barcelona Activa, in partnership with Imagine’s Xavier Verdaguer is launching the 3rd edition of Programa de Preincubació to create new companies. Register before May 9th here.
Still looking for an exciting new project? The 4th edition of Nuclio Weekend is coming up on May 18-20. Get involved here.
Ok, let’s take a look at the latest Barcelona startup news from this week:
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS:
Startup & Investment News
- Spanish startup Gudog receives a €395K investment
- Spanish firm La Casa de la Aldea secures a €167K investment
- Catalan healthy snack e-commerce firm Stroong gets €50K
- Barcelona startup Eliport raised €45K through crowdfunding
- Barcelona e-voting startup Scytl avoids heavy loses through a partnership deal with Telefónica
- Catalan startup mediQuo expands to Latin America
- Barcelona sports e-commerce firm Deporvillage launches their own brand, Imperfect
- Barcelona travel startup Exoticca hires Scytl chairman as CEO
- Catalan startup Qrem develops a device that produces a serum against osteoarthritis
- Spanish VC firm Sherpa Capital creates new €150M fund aimed at medium-sized companies
- Nauta Capital, which has offices in Barcelona, invests €4.2M in Finnish startup Smarp
- VC fund Capital Cell eyes cryptocurrency ICO instead of IPO
- Co-Emprending, a new coworking space, opens in Barcelona
- Four social impact startups selected for #LABTech4Social
- SeedRocket celebrates their 19th edition with 12 startups
- Barcelona startup profiles, interviews & success stories:
- 5G trials kick off in Barcelona
- The number of newly created startups in Barcelona fell in the first months of 2018; entrepreneurs offer solutions
- Facebook is set to open a new office in Barcelona’s Torre Agbar & hire 500 people to fight ‘fake news’
- US investment firm Blackstone has acquired Catalan gambling company Cirsa
- Schibsted Spain grew revenues by 18% to reach €38M in Q1
- Mapfre ramps up their digitalization with apps, talent and user customization
- More incentives & infrastructure: keys to accelerating the electric car industry in Spain
- Who are the leading cloud service providers in Spain?
- Madrid, Basque country & Navarro are the Spanish regions with the highest average salary, Catalonia only ranked 4th
- The key to attracting more international students to Spain: Simplify the bureucracy
“Technology is going to change everything, including sports”, CEO of Telefónica
Mon, 7 Apr @ 18:25: Digital Sapiens May
Mon, 7 Apr @ 18:30: Workshop: Build Your Own Chatbot
Tue, 8 May @ 18:30: Google I/O Extended Barcelona: mytaxi
Thu, 10 May @ 17:30: Blockchain Worldwide Barcelona
Fri-Sat, 11-12 May: StartNOW!
See the full Event Calendar here
- Ideal Credit is recruiting a Jr. PhP developer
- Dorna Digital – MotoGP is hiring a Platform Product Owner
- Chilliprinting is looking for a Digital & Social Media Manager
- Scoot Networks is recruiting a:
- LoveToKnow Media is hiring a Senior Backend Engineer
- PayFit Espana is looking for a Business Developer
- ShoeSize.Me is recruiting a Content Marketing Manager
Barcelona Startup News May 7 2018 cover all the latest stories about Barcelona’s Tech & Startup scene from April 30th 2018 until May 7th 2018. If you want to read more stories about the city’s startup, tech and innovation scene, check out all Barcelona startup news here.