Hello and happy Monday, we hope you had a great weekend!
Our friends at venture capital firm OneRagTime are searching for the world’s most sustainable startups in their Startups For Good competition. The winners will be announced in September at the Summit Of The Minds event. Apply here.
There’s still time to learn from Barcelona’s startup experts before summer holiday season kicks in. This Tuesday, join Digital Sapiens for their 5th event focused on Achieving The Perfect Startup Pitch.
Then on Wednesday, Patrick Wind is hosting an eCommerce MasterClass on Facebook & Instagram Ads. Barcinno readers get a 50% discount by using the code: barcinno50.
Ok, let’s take a look at the latest Barcelona startup news from this week:
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS:
Startup & Investment News
- Lyft reportedly in talks to buy Spanish startup Cabify for $3B
- Spanish blockchain startup CryptoSolarTech raises €60M in ICO, five days left to invest in the project
- Spain-based startup Fever closes a €17M investment round
- Barcelona startup 21Buttons secures a €14,5M investment
- Spanish fintech startup Bnext receives a €1,5M investment
- Spanish startup Case on IT closes a Series B funding round
- VC fund Angels invests into Spanish “Hyperloop” startup Zeleros
- Popular Barcelona startup Typeform was hacked back in May
- Barcelona fintech startup Verse hires Pablo Viguera, former Revolut Spain manager, as director of operations
- Spanish electric scooter startup UFO launches in Barcelona
- 10 startups were selected for the accelerator program of IQS Next Tech
- KPMG is looking for tech startups to join the 3rd edition of Skypitch in Barcelona
- Seaya Ventures closes its second investment fund focused on startups at €102M
- 5 Catalan biotech startups make their way to Boston
- 5 Spanish startups that want to disrupt the logistics sector
- Barcelona startup profiles, interviews & success stories:
- Barcelona strengthens its position as a technological hub with the arrival of more global firms
- Overview of the best startups at Sonar+D 2018 in Barcelona
- Indra reorganizes its staff in Barcelona and leaves one of its 22@ headquarters to focus on other locations in the city
- Schibsted Spain appoints new CEO after ex-manager resigns
- Barcelona firm Claranet acquires NotSoSecure, an ethical hacking training firm from the UK
- Spain’s finance minister pushes to introduce a “Google Tax”
- New study by Spanish Fintech & Insurtech Association shows that only 28% of employees in the industry are women
- Only 36% of Spanish companies believe they are capable of dealing with their digital transformation successfully
- Madrid takes its car ban to the next level, should Barcelona follow the lead?
- Banco Sabadell clients can finally use Apple Pay in Spain
- Ecommerce sales in Spain reached a new record in Spain after growing at 25,7% in 2017 to reach €30.000M
- The Technologies That Turned Barcelona Into A Smart City
- Education & employment, the engines of change to retain talent in Barcelona
- “Spain needs more local video-gaming investors“, Simón Lee, founder of GameBCN
- Do Entrepreneurs Need a Strategy?
- Mon, 9 Jul @ 18:30: FinTech Wars
- Tue, 10 Jul @ 18:00: Digital Sapiens- Pitch Practice Event
- Wed, 11 Jul @ 19:00: eCommerce MasterClass – Facebook & Instagram Ads
- Thu, 12 Jul @ 9:30: Crowdfunding Hackathon Barcelona
- Thu, 12 Jul @ 18:30: Why it is the right time to raise money
- Fri, 13 Jul @ 9:30: [How To Startup] BCN Learning Journey
See the full Event Calendar here
- Mondo is looking for a Full-stack developer
- Toucan Toco is recruiting a Business Developer
- Reactivation Group is hiring a Technical Project Manager
- OneCoWork is seeking a Social Media Manager
Barcelona Startup News July 9 2018 cover all the latest stories about Barcelona’s Tech & Startup scene from July 2nd 2018 until July 9th 2018. If you want to read more stories about the city’s startup, tech and innovation scene, check out all Barcelona startup news here.