Hello and happy Monday! We hope you had a great weekend and are enjoying (or about to enjoy) some relaxing holidays.
The Barcinno Weekly Tech Update will take a brief hiatus for the next few weeks as things wind down for August. In the meantime, here are a couple resources for your summer break:
First, take the summer slowdown to plan your calendars for the rest of the year with Barcelona’s Second Half Tech Event List of 2017!
If you’re heading abroad this summer, take advantage of the these leading travel tech companies in Barcelona.
Finally, check our latest Barcinno guest article by Teresa Bau to see what’s going on in the Barcelona digital health startup scene.
Ok, that’s it from me. Here’s what you need to know about Barcelona tech, startups and innovation. Feliz verano!
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS:
Startup & Investment News
- Spain’s Easy Payment Gateway closes €6M investment round
- Spanish biotech firm Oncostellae receives €1,85M
- Catalan company Whisbi Technologies gets €1M from ICF
- Spanish biotech firm AWSensors closed a €1M investment
- Barcelona-based social startup Cuideo receives €500k
- Catalan real estate crowdfunding firm Inveslar lands €330k
- Spanish startup Happy Box raises €250k on Crowdcube
- Barcelona-based startup Boardfy lands €230k seed round
- After closing a 3rd investment round, Barcelona startup Badi expands to Italy and already works on a 4th investment round
- Barcelona fintech firm Novicap expands to north of Europe
- Schibsted Spain, owners of platforms like InfoJobs, Fotocasa, Milanuncios, increases revenues by 24% in Q2 2017
- Catalan hotel becomes first one in the world to introduce 4D projections thanks to Barcelona startup Broomx
- Barcelona startup TravelPerk introduced a new feature for automated business travel policies and approvals
- Fleksy keyboard to get major reboot thanks to Barcelona startup ThingThing’s developer team
- Barcelona tech firm Exipple Studio changes name to Gestoos
- The equity crowdfunding platform from Barcelona The Crowd Angel already raised more money in 2017 than in all of 2016
- All deals in the Barcelona startup ecosystem during the first semester 2017
- 12 of 100 startups selected for South Summit 2017 in Madrid are from Barcelona
- A review of the IQS Next Tech Demo Day in Barcelona
- Female business angels in Spain talk about the industry
- Barcelona startup profiles & interviews:
- European Investment Bank & Banco Sabadell to provide €800M to Spanish SMEs
- GSMA reveals first details for Mobile World Congress 2018
- US coworking group WeWork on the verge of landing in Barcelona after securing space in @22
- Dutch cyber-security firm Brightsight opens its first office abroad in Sant Cugat with the intention of creating 40 jobs
- Great insights into the Bioregion of Catalonia: a growing and innovative healtchare and life sciences ecosystem
- Spain’s unemployment rate drops to 17.22%, lowest in 8 years
- Uber faces unfair competition probe over Madrid airport service pricing
GREAT EVENTS THIS WEEK
Mon, 31 Jul @ 18:30: Intro to Bots
Mon, 31 Jul @ 19:00: DrinkEntrepreneurs Barcelona
Mon, 31 Jul @ 19:00: HackLab: All about Arduino
Wed, 02 Aug @ 18:30: Qué es Big Data y Data Analytics?
Thu, 03 Aug @ 19:00: Riccardo Giraldi: The Evolution of our relationship with Technology
Thu, 03 Aug @ 19:00: Nomadtalks: Digital Nomad Stories
Sat, 05 Aug @ 09:30: Bot Designers, Developers & Marketers: Hackathon
See the full Event Calendar here
STARTUP JOBS IN BARCELONA
- Education, research & advisory firm specialising in advanced technology is hiring an Office Manager
- Typeform is looking for a Paid Search Specialist (PPC/SEM)
- TravelPerk is recruiting a Content Marketer (native English)
- Wide Eyes Technologies is hiring a Business Developer
- The Barcelona Code School is looking for a:
Barcelona Startup News July 31, 2017 cover all the latest stories about Barcelona’s Tech & Startup scene from July 24th until July 31st, 2017.