Hello and happy Monday! The biggest mobile event of the year is just 3 short weeks away! A few things to note as we head into MWC season:
First, we’re searching for the hottest new startups to present and party during the MWC week at the 2018 edition of TECHICONS on February 27th. Startups can apply here and investors & attendees can request their invitation here.
Second, 4YFN tickets are going fast and prices will continue to rise as we get closer to the show. Get the best possible price with the promo (not invitation) code: BARCINNO_4YFN
Third, start marking your calendars and filling out your RSVPs for the hottest off-MWC events taking place in BCN with Barcinno’s Official MWC Party Guide.
Speaking of hot MWC tickets, don’t miss your chance to attend IoT Stars this year and catch a glimpse of the future in the Internet of Things! Barcinno has 5 free passes: 1 per customer, first come, first serve by replying to this email.
Ok, that’s enough from me. Stay dry, stay productive and have a great week!
Ok, let’s take a look at the latest Barcelona startup news from this week:
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS:
Startup & Investment News
- Global biotech giant Qiagen acquires Barcelona startup Stat-Dx for €153,6M
- Spanish influencer marketplace Kasitoko closes first investment round worth €450K
- CNP partners acquire 60% of Barcelona startup iSalud.com
- Barcelona private equity firm Miura Private Equity closes third fund at €330M
- The Crowd Angel raised €2,35M for 9 startups in Spain in 2017
- Barcelona startup Glovo opens new 1.200m² office in @22
- Barcelona startup Cuideo and Jobin collaborate to create jobs
- Euroleague Basketball and La Salle-URL team up to launch Tech Startup Challenge in Barcelona
- The Valley and Talent Republic create a ‘joint venture’ in Pier01 aimed at providing digital training to companies
- Spanish startups raise a record high of €214M in January 2018
- Several accelerators in Spain are looking for new startups:
- Barcelona startup profiles, interviews & success stories:
- Acció, the Catalan agency for business competitiveness, to invest €500K into the acceleration of local startups
- Barcelona wants MWC to have a permanent impact
- Port of Barcelona records fastest growth in Europe
- Black Toro increases its share in Barcelona firm Irestal to 43%
- Barcelona aerospace startup Zero2Infinity & Indra join forces to develop systems for reaching the stratosphere
Mon, 5 Feb @ 16:00: EO GSEA Spain Final – Six startups
Mon, 5 Feb @ 18:00: Boundless Intelligence for Marketing
Tue, 6 Feb @ 13:00: The Investor Responds: Ernest Sanchez, Managing Partner of Nekko Capital
Wed, 7 feb @ 09:00: Global Entrepreneur Programme Startup Games
Wed, 7 feb @ 18:00: 4YFN – Open orientation session
Thu, 8 Feb @ 18:00: TBE Club Launch Event
Fri-Sun, 9-11 Feb @ 19:00: IESE Startup!
See the full Event Calendar here
- ElectricFeel is hiring a:
- Translations.com is looking for a:
Barcelona Startup News February 5 2018 cover all the latest stories about Barcelona’s Tech & Startup scene from January 29th 2018 until February 5th, 2018. If you want to read more stories about the city’s startup, tech and innovation scene, check out all Barcelona startup news here.