Hello and happy Monday! We hope you had a great weekend!
Congratulations to our friends at TravelPerk for closing their $21M Series B last week! Keep a close eye on this Barcelona rocket ship!
Tomorrow night, yours truly is hosting a crash course on How To Leverage The BCN Startup Ecosystem at OneCoWork, Port Vell. You’re all invited!
Thursday night, Startup Grind BCN celebrates 4 years with a big party at Fabrica Damm!
CALLS FOR STARTUPS:
MWC Barcelona is looking for 12 promising startups in the building industry for the upcoming BBTalks event in Barcelona. Apply until the 30th April here.
Mobile World Capital is also looking for 30 startups to join Automatica, the leading exhibition for Smart Automation and Robotics. Apply until the 20th of April here.
Ok, let’s take a look at the latest Barcelona startup news from this week:
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS:
Startup & Investment News
- Barcelona travel startup TravelPerk raises €17M
- Spanish SaaS startup Geoblink secures a €5.2M investment
- Spanish sports betting startup Pyckio receives €350K
- Glovo hopes to eclipse €100M in revenues this year
- Barcelona-based moto-sharing firm eCooltra wins best App award at eAwards 2018
- ASICS is looking for sports & well-being startups to join their TENKAN-TEN program in Barcelona
- Barcelona flower e-commerce startup Colvin expands to Italy
- Barcelona startup profiles, interviews & success stories:
- Entrepreneurial activity in Spain rises & gender gap closes
- Deliveroo, Glovo and other delivery apps now account for 14% of all fast food sales in Spain
- Car-sharing firm Emov plans to launch in Barcelona in 2019
- Catalan car-sharing firm Avancar is set to become profitable this year and plans to increase its fleet
- Teresa Carles Group and Stuart form partnership to deliver healthy foods in Barcelona
- Big decision looms in Spanish courts for Uber, Cabify & co
- Strikes continue at Amazon Spain as employees seek better working conditions
- Banco Santander launches the first blockchain-based international money transfer service across four countries
- Spanish research receives a budget boost, but scientists say it will be of little help
- Video surveillance system on Barcelona’s metro set for an upgrade
- Spanish bank BBVA has one year to decide whether to purchase fintech startup Atom Bank
Mon, 16 Apr @ 16:00: SEO como modelo de negocio
Tue, 17 Apr @ 8:30: Esmorzar de finançament: Empreses que menteixen
Tue, 17 Apr @ 19:00: Overview of the BCN Startup Ecosystem
Wed, 18 Apr @ 17:00: Your Bridge from Catalonia to Silicon Valley – Program Presentation
Wed, 18 Apr @ 18:00: Think Tank Intelligent Community Forum
Thu, 19 Apr @ 18:30: Blockchain, ICO´s and health
Thu, 19 Apr @ 18:30: Startup Grind Barcelona 4th Anniversary Party
Fri, 20 Apr @ 10:00: BAM Barcelona: Maternidad, empresa y culpa
See the full Event Calendar here
- Scoot Networks is recruiting an Engineering R&D Technician
- PayFit Espana is hiring a:
- ShoeSize.Me is seeking a Content Marketing Manager
- Flylancer is looking for two co-founders (CEO/CFO & CMO)
Barcelona Startup News April 16 2018 cover all the latest stories about Barcelona’s Tech & Startup scene from April 9th 2018 until April 16th 2018. If you want to read more stories about the city’s startup, tech and innovation scene, check out all Barcelona startup news here.