Company: Portier Technologies
Job type: Senior Graphic Designer
Portier Technologies is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to lead the company’s creative strategy and execution. This position will be based in the Company’s Barcelona office.. Role will work closely with internal team members, including: Editorial, Client Services and UX, and with global customer base of five-star hotels. Position will be the senior-most creative team member and report to the Company Co-Founders.
• Lead all major design for Portier mobile product portfolio. Key areas include:
• Core product interface: Ongoing enhancements to existing user interface, in collaboration with UX lead
• Portier Magazine: Role will duly serve as Art Director for a mobile magazine that will be published within Portier. Responsibilities will include sourcing photography, developing article templates and supporting all magazine/article graphic needs, in collaboration with lead Editor.
• Client Support: Our clients are the leading 5 star hoteliers in each city that we serve. Portier devices are completely customized for each hotel, including imagery, content and functionality. This role will work in conjunction with the Account Management team to assist clients in developing and maintaining their presence on Portier.
• Corporate & Product Branding: Role will work in conjunction with company co-founders to enhance the Portier brand and develop related product and style guidelines.
• Design above and below the line promotional and corporate material, such as: web/social presence, advertisements, brochures, point-of-sale materials, sales presentations and e-newsletters.
• Work with regional offices to ensure they have all necessary materials and suggest production methods, materials and costs.
• Work with internal clients and create design projects and concepts based on a brief, developing the project to completion through ongoing liaison.
Candidate Profile – What we are looking for:
• A highly experienced Graphic Designer that can both lead and execute all of the design needs of a fast-growing small business.
• Ideally, candidates will have worked in traditional sectors, such as luxury goods or publishing – and have proven successful at adapting to a mobile-first environment.
• Internationally-oriented individuals, who are comfortable working in an English-speaking office environment and supporting both a local and global client base.
• Passionate, driven and personable applicants, who are seeking to work at a firm that places a dual emphasis on employee and customer satisfaction.
• Five or more years of work experience as a graphic designer, preferably in creative environments.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with HTML and motion graphics a plus.
• Understanding of printing process, photography, illustration and typography preferred.
• A portfolio demonstrating a solid understanding of design best practices.
• Ability to conceptualize/wireframe.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and independently prioritize tasks.
• Adaptable and quick learner. Must be able to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand identity.
• In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, position will be eligible for performance-based equity grants. As such, Portier Technologies is seeking qualified candidates only, for which their contributions will be aligned and rewarded with these additional long-term incentives.
• Please send your CV to Talent@goportier.com or via a corresponding job posting site.
About Portier Technologies:
Portier Technologies is a start-up that serves the luxury hospitality market. Designed exclusively for high-end hotels, the Portier service offering is built around a customized, call-enabled 4G smartphone placed in every guest room. The Portier devices are customized for each hotel property, keeping guests connected to the hotel during their entire stay. Guests are able to engage with a hotel’s concierge and guest services department anytime, anywhere, whether they are in the hotel or exploring the city.
Built for the needs of today’s international tourists, Portier devices offer guests a luxurious balance of personalized guest services and elegant technology. The devices also provide guests with access to the best and most useful cultural and local entertainment coverage, written and curated exclusively for the well-traveled guest and updated daily by local experts.
By combining usefulness, quality and taste, the Portier device is an essential tool for the sophisticated traveler — and an essential tool for the hotel wanting to stay engaged with their customers.