Job type: Full-Time
As Front-End Developer in the Visca Web team, your initial mission will be to work on the conception of the new desktop version of the Marcadores.com website, which combines real-time sports data and high levels of social interaction for its users.
After the release of the new version, you will be responsible for the continuous improvement of the product, which will include: mobile/responsive adaptations, the integration of additional features, UX enhancements, the creation of a RESTful API for our mobile applications and performance optimisations.
We are looking for a proactive, self-motivated professional who takes pride in his work and cares about code quality. You have a willingness to learn and an interest in keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and methodologies. You are confident working on high traffic websites with large amount of data and ideally you will have all/most of the following skills and experience:
– 4+ years of coding clean, object-oriented, namespaced PHP
– 2+ years developing with Symfony2
– Doctrine ORM
– Web. knowledge (HTML5 / jQuery)
– Passionate about creating simple, great UX
– Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
– Browser Developer Tools (debugger, console, inspector)
– Versioning knowledge (GIT)
– Experience developing high traffic websites (use of cache, varnish, memcache/redis, http requests…)
– Experience with RESTful APIs
– Medium/high level of English (for internal team communication).
– CSS knowledge (CSS3 / LESS / Sass)
– Experience in creating automated tests (TDD / BDD / Phpunit / behat…etc)
– Confortable working with PHPStorm
– Experience with continuous integration and code analyzer
– Symfony-related personal projects on GitHub
– Use of delivery tools such as Capifony
– SOLID principles
– Familiar with agile methodologies
– Aware of technical SEO principles
– Interest in sports
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
This position is based in our Barcelona office. Possession of a valid work-permit for Spain is a must.
Our passionate team of programmers is behind the popular Marcadores.com website, which combines real-time sports data with high levels of social interaction and fun for its users. The cornerstones of the product (and the main challenges on its back-end and front-end) are real-time data, high availability, high performance and user experience.
Visca Web will put great tools to work with at your disposal. We love to use PHPStorm as IDE. The team use Jira, Bitbucket and HipChat to communicate together. You will also be using other great tools such as Newrelic, Scrutinizer and Sensio labs Insight.
Great working environment
Excellent location (Gràcia) and a bright open plan office with views from the 8th floor of our building.
All team members are equipped with Mac computers. We just love iMacs/MacBooks, so you’ll get one too.
Drinking coffee has many benefits. We want you to enjoy them.
We will be upgrading our break room space in the coming weeks. You’ll be joining at the right time!
You will join a team that is growing and will be soon doubling in size.
Depending on experience.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would to join us and attach your CV.