Job type: Content and Social Media Marketing Manager
Content and Social Media Marketing Manager (English Native)
Resourceful, creative and analytical content and social media marketing guru? We want you!
Wowzr is an eCommerce startup that discovers, demonstrates and delivers the most innovative, useful products to our community of online shoppers via entertaining, engaging videos.
We are looking for a creative and analytical digital marketing whizz who has carved their way through the content and social media landscape to execute our content marketing and social media strategy to drive awareness, engagement and acquisition.
You will work with the CEO and external strategists to develop the content, social and SEO strategy, brainstorm content ideas and then develop these into a clear and actionable editorial calendar.
You will then have complete ownership of the calendar including managing internal and external resources to deliver highly engaging content to drive awareness, engagement and acquisition including managing content distribution.
- Have input into the content, SEO and social media strategy
- Ownership over the content calendar including coordinating content production
- Managing all social media accounts to increase fans, engagement, traffic and sales
- Work with the PR agency in developing blogger and influencer relationships to expand content reach and work on combined campaigns and partnerships
- Manage the paid social media advertising campaigns – mostly on facebook. Depending on experience and skills – either directly manage or assist CEO and contractors.
- Managing contractors and agencies and growing internal team as required
- Developing and managing budgets for content production and distribution
- Reporting and analytics – providing weekly & monthly reporting on performance of content and social channels
Why you’ll love the role:
- Youthful, fun and informal company culture
- Fast-paced start-up > exciting and entrepreneurial
- A broad role with lots of scope for creativity to make a significant impact on the business
- Opportunity to be a part of something successful and take on a leading role in the start-up phase
The ideal candidate:
Seeking someone with at least 5 years digital marketing experience and 2 years’ experience in a similar position where you played a key role in the success of a high growth B2C digital business, ideally in eCommerce.
Must have a proven track record in developing and executing successful content and social media campaigns, which delivered exceptional results in terms of awareness, engagement and acquisition.
You will be a resourceful, results focused self-starter with strong initiative and entrepreneurial spirit. An ability to ‘make things happen’ and be creative in driving awareness and sales with limited budgets.
You will need to be flexible, adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment; including the ability to muck-in and get your hands dirty and help out in other areas of the business when required.
Essential Skills/Experience (in addition to the above):
- English native or at least 5 years experience living and working in the UK, Australia, NZ, USA or Canada
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong knowledge of how content, social, SEO and PR intersect to drive results
- Efficient and effective with exceptional ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
- Passionate about content and social media marketing
- Has the capacity for strategic, creative, analytical and operational thinking
- Previous experience managing editorial calendars and content production
Desirable (but not essential) Skills/Experience:
- Journalism, TV/video production background or experience
- Facebook ads management
- Experience in managing blogger and influencer relationships
- Budget management
- Agency/contractor management
- Magento ecommerce platform
- Office located in Gracia neighborhood in Barcelona
- Salary negotiable dependent on experience
- Possible opportunity for profit/equity participation in the future
- Interviews start soon with a start date soon after, dependent on the preferred candidates’ circumstances
If this sounds like you and you’re passionate about content marketing and social media and love developing and executing great campaigns that excite and achieve hyper-growth then we want to hear from you!
Please email your CV and a brief email telling us why you think you are a good fit for the role to: email@example.com