This week marks the official start of Conector Barcelona’s 3rd acceleration program for Spanish startups since they launched in December 2013. The 2015 class will welcome 11 new projects into the program, although only 7 will actually reside in Barcelona. The remaining 4 will be mentored and monitored virtually across Spain.
There’s been a lot of buzz around the Conector program recently. One of it’s 2014 projects, Viuing – a startup creating disposable TV-like screens for spectators at live events, recently announced a €700K investment round following its completion of the accelerator program. And just last week, Conector announced it’s plans for expansion to the Madrid market with a program dedicated to the gaming vertical.
Here are the 11 newest Spanish startups to enter the Conector Accelerator program in 2015:
- Chilikids: A startup that is developing mobile apps and games to foster creativity in children and stimulate learning.
- Dineyo: The first mobile app that pays its users a bonus for their purchases that they can redeem at nearby stores.
- EC Managed: A SaaS pioneer in the IT and cloud computing space that deploys and monitors your cloud services easily.
- Emotion Research Lab: A platform that improves decision making in marketing, development and design by accurately capturing the emotions of its consumers.
- Glovo: A new urban delivery marketplace that promises to connect you with ANYTHING you want in 60 minutes or less.
- Hubbl: Never miss a package again. Hubble allows you to choose the exact time your inbound package will be delivered to your door.
- Joyners: A startup that focuses on the creation of shared homes for senior citizens and maximizes the value of the many existing services for the elderly.
- Meller: A unisex fashion brand specializing in vintage-style sunglasses at an affordable price.
- Offemily: The first multi-brand online store specializing in high-fashion for kids and infants and also features a unique B2B SaaS tool for other stores.
- Queryday: Builds platform surveys that allow companies to understand the opinion of its visitors and consumers in an easy and economical way.
- Taalk: An online marketplace that connects language learners around the world to practices their skills in a comfortable, fun and collaborative environment.
Conector is an accelerator startups created by Carlos Blanco, Xavier Verdaguer, Marc Vidal, Elisabeth Martinez, Miguel Vicente, Gerard Olive, Risto Mejide and Marc Ros. A minimum of 15 projects will be accelerated each year and the program has the support of partners like First Tuesday BAN, BAN Antai, Nuñez y Navarro, ONO, Epson and others. For more information about the Conector Accelerator program visit: www.conector.com