Job type: Engineer
Android Developer – Real-time sports data app (Marcadores.com)
The development of the first version of the application has been carried out by an external partner and is nearing completion. We want to bring the next steps of our mobile development in-house and we are looking for an Android enthusiast and experienced developer to join our team in Barcelona, Spain.
The thing we all have in common in the team is a real passion for producing clean and quality code, creating great experiences for our users and having fun along the way.
We believe that the team is at the heart of the success of any project. We champion a stimulating work environment where respect, initiative, synergy, collaboration and exchange are valued.
We organize a monthly technical meeting to discuss specific topics of interest to the team (http://www.viscaweb.com/
As Android developer in the Marcadores.com mobile application team, you will have the objective write a new version of the application and progressively add new features to it.
The application will need to stay robust and stable as traffic and user-base grow.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Contribute to the launch of the first version of the application
- Plan and execute the rewriting of the code
- Implement new functionalities (in collaboration with the backend team who develops the API)
- Fix bugs reported by users
- Suggest improvements on development and usage.
– 2+ year building Android applications in Java using Android SDK
– Experience with Android Studio
– Knowledge of Android UI frameworks
– Recent experience consuming REST API
– Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases
– Knowledge of GIT and GitFlow
– Attention to detail
– Ability to discuss technical subjects with your colleagues in English
– (bonus) Interest in sports
– (bonus) Knowledge and experience working with real-time data
– (bonus) Knowledge and experience writing automated tests.
We understand that to make great apps, you need great tools. We use the latest version of Android Studio. When debugging use sometimes Charles to hack the API. Talking about API, we also use Paw when we need to test it..
We love continuous integration and continuous deployment. We use Bitrise to take care of building and deploying. We also love GitHub, which we use with the GitHub flow, working with pull requests.
We collaborate in English with JIRA and Slack is our favorite tool for team and direct messaging along with the odd GIF.
We have great benefits
We offer you a long-term, technically challenging project and a stimulating work environment where respect, initiative, synergy, collaboration and exchange are valued.
Other benefits include:
– Great working environment
– Mac Computer
– Free Coffee + End of sprint lunches
– Subsidised language courses
– Foosball games
– Tickets for industry conferences
– Flexible working hours
– Competitive salary
This is a full time position with great career potential. Strong English-speaking skills will be a must. Get in touch with us if you’re interested and you like working with startups!
Visca Web’s passionate team of developers has been behind the popular Futebol.com and Marcadores.com brands since 2013. There are currently 8 developers composing the dev team, with a view to increase to a minimum of 12 withing 3 months.
If you are interested please send your CV at email@example.com