Building on the success of last year’s IGL2016
, the event will bring together senior policy-makers, practitioners and researchers to:
- Learn about the next generation of innovation and entrepreneurship policies.
- Engage in wide-ranging discussions on crucial policy challenges including automation, inclusive economic growth, directing public innovation funding, and smart regulation to support innovation.
- Improve their organisation’s capability to design policies that deliver measurable impact, using different tools such as randomised controlled trials and big data.
- Meet a global community of peers to learn from and share experiences with.
Now with over 50 confirmed speakers, including:
- José Miguel Benavente, Competitiveness and Innovation Division Chief, Inter-American Development Bank
- Francesca Bria, Chief Technology and Digital Innovation Officer, Barcelona City Council
- Christopher Cabaldon, Mayor, City of West Sacramento
- Clara Eugenia Garcia, Director General for Research, Development & Innovation, Spanish Government
- Dean Karlan, Professor of Economics, Yale University
- Taina Kulmala, Head of Policy Analysis Unit, Prime Minister’s Office, Finland
- Luiz Martins, Head of Special Projects Area, FINEP (Brazil)
- Mariano Mayer, Secretary for Entrepreneurship and SMEs, Argentinian Ministry of Production
- Andrew Palmer, Business Affairs Editor, The Economist
- Ganesh Rasagam, Practice Manager for the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Unit, World Bank Group
- Raj Thampuram, Managing Director, Singapore Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)
– See more at: http://www.nesta.org.uk/event/innovation-growth-lab-global-conference-2017#sthash.UKQZyQK5.dpuf