Hosted by Career Hacking for Women, Barcelona
Know you deserve more, but aren’t sure how to justify it, when to ask, or how to go about asking for a raise or a bigger compensation package?
This workshop is for you!
While women are now represented in equal numbers in the general workforce, we have a lot of work to do to achieve real equality. What we directly control is what we demand for ourselves.
Often, the gender pay gap is blamed on data that indicates women negotiate their salaries less often and with less conviction. It’s a topic that can’t be explained so simply, but this workshop is designed to help women be prepared to negotiate for themselves and to win.
In this interactive workshop, you will learn:
– How to correlate your contributions/skills to business goals and value
– What the best time is to have a conversation about your salary
– How to identify red flags during a negotiation, and when it’s time to walk away
– How to research and determine your goal salary
– What you can negotiate beyond your nomina: flexibility, equity, benefits and more
– How to approach salary negotiations and raises as the seller’s market of talent begins to shift towards a buyer’s market in the wake of COVID19
– How to evaluate the health and stability of a potential employing company
– How to value risk vs reward in these times and based on your personal preferences when looking at new opportunities
Finally, learn how to present this in an effective way, building your known worth in the organization and earning respect from management that will correlate with your compensation.
Caroline Cadwell started her career in Silicon Valley (Yelp.com) more than 10 years ago and has been working with startups in Barcelona (Wallapop, Compettia, Hubtype, Carts Guru). Currently, she is CRO at Carts Guru. She believes everyone should be paid more and is passionate about tech, startups, and women in leadership.
Upload your own events here.