Hello and Happy Monday! We hope you had a safe and happy Sant Joan celebration!
A few key things to mention as we head into the week:
First, together with Harbour.Space and OneCoWork, we’re hosting a fantastic design-related event this Thursday, called Navigating the present, designing for the future with Ron Wilde.
Then, we’d like to invite all tourism & tech startups to apply for the Travel Tech Awards by Airbnb & BCN Tech City. The winners will receive €15,000, a trip to Airbnb’s HQs in San Francisco and a ticket to 4YFN Mobile World Congress Americas this September.
Finally, Barcelona’s very own innovative auto company SEAT will officially unveil the new Arona model live tonight at 7:10pm.
Do you have some news to promote? Get in touch here.
Ok, let’s take a look at the latest Barcelona startup news from this week:
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS:
Startup & Investment News
- Spanish fintech firm Fintonic closes €25M investment round
- Spain’s language learning startup Lingokids lands $4M
- Barcelona-based live video platform Watchity raises €600k
- Equity crowdfunding platform Startupxplore receives €400k
- Icecream chain Ice Wave bags €277k through Crowdcube
- Barcelona startup WeFitter raises €150k, targets US market
- Mi Legado Digital secures €50k funding with Fintech VC
- Cabify wants to raise at least $300M in new funding
- Barcelona-based startup Epinium selected for METRO Accelerator in Berlin
- Privalia picks up speed in LATAM market, enjoys fast growth
- Barcelona firm Transplant Biomedicals gets €6M for license
- Atrapalo reached €330M in sales, looks for new partners
- Barcelona startup Qustodio reaches 1 million users
- Scytl restructures its business, splits hardware from software
- Catalan startup Inmovriew brings VR to real estate industry
- Insights into Barcelona agrotech startup Agrasys
- Mam Originals founder launches Barcelona venture builder
- Startups related to tourism & tech can now apply for Travel Tech Awards by Airbnb & Barcelona Tech City
- Schibsted vs Wallapop cars, the classifieds world is watching
- Interview with Agustin Gomez, CEO of Wallapop
- Purple provides WiFi to 2m passengers on Barcelona buses
- How Barcelona’s citizens will control the use of their data
- Lenovo delivers the worlds largest next-generation Intel-based supercomputer in Barcelona
- “Barcelona already had tourism problem before Airbnb”
Mercadona reveals more details about its ecommerce strategy to compete with Aamazon & co
- BBVA & Das-Nano launch new biometrics company Veridas
- As Spain’s economy grows, entrepreneurial activity declines
- 10 countries that buy most technology from Spain
- 79% of internet traffic in Spain will be videos by 2021
25 best accelerators, incubators & venture builders in Spain (Barcelona takes first places with 7 entries)
GREAT EVENTS THIS WEEK
Mon, 26 June @ 19:00: ¿Cómo sacar rendimiento a una base de datos de usuarios o clientes?
Tue, 27 June @ 19:00: Deep Learning for Computer Vision
Tue, 27 June @ 19:00: DrinkEntrepreneurs Barcelona
- Thu, 29 June @ 19:00: Designing for the future (Ron Wilde)
- Fri, 30 June @ 19:00: Le Wagon Demo Day (+Networking)
- Sat, 1 July: Ideathon Mobilitat del smartCAT Challenge
See the full Event Calendar here
STARTUP JOBS IN BARCELONA
- The Barcelona Code School is looking for a:
- Printsome is recruiting an Inside Sales Executive (English)
- Skyscanner is hiring Principal & Lead Engineers
- Xing is looking for a Software Engineer to join their team
Barcelona Startup News June 26, 2017 cover all the latest stories about Barcelona’s Tech & Startup scene from June 19th until June 26th, 2017.