Area: Digital Media
Job type: Engineer
Ztory is a Swedish startup founded mid 2013 that gives readers access to an ever growing stockpile of fresh magazines for a fixed price each month. Our mission is to give millions of people unlimited access to magazines and help publishers find new audiences.
We started out bootstrapped from the small town of Karlstad in Sweden and now have offices in Stockholm as well as Barcelona. We managed to put together a small team of awesome people, build a product loved by customers and reach a respectable paid member count in less than a year.
Since July 2014 we are now also backed up by a couple of great VCs lead by experienced web entrepreneurs who already made similar journeys and were successful.
We love finding new ways of attracting customers to Ztory and this makes it very important for us to get the right kind of entrepreneurial people to our growing pool of talent.
If you are looking for a high-paced working environment with a lot of laughter and great co-workers who are truly experts at what they do and passionate about continuously learning more, if you like to break boundaries and if you take pride in your work and pay attention to details, you should apply for this job.
- All aspects of building web-based applications from development to operations
- Deploy code and communicate within the team and to the rest of the organization
- Conduct code reviews
- Measure and evaluate features and system metrics to continuously improve user experience and service performance
- Be proactive; go beyond expectations
What we require
- At least 3 years of experience with tested (TDD or similar) Rails development with superior skills in building performant APIs/back-ends
- A great understanding of object-oriented programming and software design patterns
- 1+ years experience of development in agile companies/projects
- Experience working with cloud computing (AWS/EC2 or similar)
- Experience working with automated configuration tools like Chef or Puppet
- Good understanding of *nix servers
- You communicate very well both verbally and in text (English)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have worked in a Startup before
- A solid understanding of internationalizing and localization pains
- Solid understanding of Git
- A degree in computer science or similar
- Deep knowledge in C/C++
- Uncommon hobbies like being a Magician, won a world championship in Tekken or similar!
Since the project is so young it means we are working with pretty much the latest versions of everything from Rails to Gems and Ruby versions, and we intend to keep it this way. We think it is vital for us to continuously improve existing architecture and update our tools in order to maintain and achieve a higher velocity.
Looking forward talking to you!
Martin Samami, CTO & Co-founder