Area: Design & Innovation
Job type: Operations
We are looking for an Office Manager Intern to support our team and Studio.
The position is an administrative role with some Human Resources, IT and Project Management responsibilities. The Office Manager will report directly to the Founding Partners. We will start with an internship that will hopefully evolve into a full time permanent hire.
Main Responsibilities, but not limited to:
• Office Management:
• Gatekeeper, Front Office Management
• First point of contact for team members, external providers, and for all office related matters and the smooth running of the office.
• Organise and manage basic routines in the Studio, ensuring day to day smooth running of the office.
• Ensure continuity of services within the Studio (electricity, food & beverages, AC, etc).
• Coordinate internal and external meetings and events including travel arrangements, caterings, restaurant bookings.
• Finance, HR, IT, PM, Administration and Support:
• General Coordination: Assist in coordination and communication.
• Purchasing: Responsible for managing the office supplies, stock control and purchase of goods
• Prospect providers, Negotiate and ensure execution of contracts.
• Cost Control: Payment processing, Control budget, Manage available cash, etc.
• Invoicing: Business expenses processing.
• Process the monthly expense reports for the executive team members
• Time and Cost Reporting.
• Support the internal process of handling and approving invoices
• Assist team in recruiting process and on-boarding.
• Payroll management
• Absence Management: Follow-up employees’ absence requests.
• Point of contact for HR-related queries.
• IT maintenance support in coordination with IT team.
• PM support in coordination with design team.
Profile of suitable candidate:
• Degree in Administration, Office management or HR.
• Experience of working in secretarial, administrative and financial support.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office tools, expense reporting tools or equal.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Spanish. Catalan is a plus.
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• Good organisation skills, detail-orientation as well as a pro-active and hands-on attitude
• Efficiency, flexibility, patience. Organised, but adaptable.
Zinc offers you a internship position with exposure to a dynamic creative team in a fast growing company. As a start, we offer an internship remuneration of 350Eu monthly (Part-time). Although this will start as a part-time role, we envisage it growing into a full time permanent hire within six months.
Start: September 2014
Zinc is an international Design & Innovation Lab based in Barcelona, working with clients around the world including US, Middle East and Europe. We help clients bring new exciting ideas into the market through great design. We have a fun and relaxed creative studio right in the centre of Barcelona 5 minutes form Plaza Catalunya.