Company: Startupbootcamp IoT & Data
Area: Global Startup Accelerator
Job type: Marketing
About Startupbootcamp IoT & Data:
Startupbootcamp Internet of Things & Data is the leading global startup accelerator with a focus on Internet of Things & Smart Data delivering unparalleled support, mentorship, and connections to world class startups building disruptive solutions with connected devices and the immense associated data these machines create
Startupbootcamp Internet of Things & Data is on the hunt for a Marketing & Events Manager – a talented professional who will lead the way in promoting Startupbootcamp IoT & Data through a variety of marketing channels. You will be part of the core organizing team from the preparation phase till the end of the program.
You’re at the top of your game and are a unique, original thinker who realizes bland newsletters and press releases just don’t get the job done. The old way of marketing no longer works for you, and you have the experience and passion to convert others to your way of thinking. And you know how to organise and run fantastic events.
We’re looking for somebody to:
- Lead the Startupbootcamp IoT & Data marketing and events programme to greatness
- Play a hands-on role in creating marketing material, writing blog/newsletter copy, and take charge of the website
- Be the voice of our programme and share a deep understanding of digital content marketing, social media and online publishing
- Organize and facilitate events (hackathons, summits, pitch days) that will take place around Europe
- Support our hand picked startups throughout our acceleration program
Is this you?
- Self-starter: take charge and deliver on your own; be pro-active and independent, enjoy working in a dynamic team
- Fresh-thinker: non-institutionalised, creative and willing to teach others your skills
- Master of copy: write compelling, super-shareable content and have a portfolio with proof of audience engagement to back you up
- Ability to create and design content (Presentations, Flyers, Slideshares, infographics, design blog post, etc..)
- Metrics driven: comfortable with lean testing, analysis, and optimization
- Credibility: 1-2 years of hands-on marketing and/or events experience
- Multi-tasker: this is a broad role and you’ll have to enjoy juggling many tasks
- Startups: Knowledgeable of the accelerator market and passionate about startups,
- Location: Barcelona. Able to work out of our beautiful Media-TIC HQ in Barcelona
- Existing relationships with the tech media
- Startup experience a plus – there’s no HR person or support staff to rely on
- Insights in the IoT & Data industry
- A sense of humor. We enjoy what we’re doing and love a good laugh
Don’t fit exactly?
We realize nobody is going to fit exactly. Don’t fit the job spec perfectly, but have unique skills that enable you to become a killer Marketing & Events Manager? We don’t hire great backgrounds, we hire great people. If you have a passion for joining an amazing team and becoming the Startupbootcamp’s best Marketing Manager, we’d love to hear from you!